Due to concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and other health authorities, HMWLC is implementing some new, mandatory health and safety procedures as part of a proactive approach to preventing the spread of germs.
We ask all patients to wash their hands before coming into the office waiting area.
If you are ill, or exhibiting cold or flu like symptoms including coughing and sneezing, please cancel your appointment. Please think about the other patients and do not expose anyone unnecessarily. If you (or your child if they are the patient) arrive to your appointment exhibiting these symptoms your appointment will be rescheduled. Better safe than sorry! There will be no late cancellation fees applied for any sick patients for the next 60 days.
The CDC strongly recommends the following good hygiene practices to control the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; this is suggested after any physical contact with another person or with a shared surface
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose – with a tissue, if possible – when coughing or sneezing, then properly discard the tissue in the trash
- Avoid close contact with anyone else who is coughing or sneezing or who is otherwise sick
- Clean or disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Please let us know if you have any questions! If/as things progress or change we will send updates. If necessary we will make arrangements for distance counseling via our HIPAA compliant Tele-Medicine system. Thank you for understanding and doing your part to contain the spread of this virus.