Juvéderm™ Ultra & Juvéderm™ Ultra Plus (AMET Certified)Smooth away facial wrinkles and folds.
• Bovine collagen (Zyplast, Zyderm). You need an allergy test 4 weeks before treatment.
• Fat cells harvested from your body (autologous fat).
• Man-made biodegradable polymer (Sculptra).
• Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse).
• Microscopic plastic beads and bovine collagen (Artefill). The plastic beads are made of poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA). The collagen goes away over time, but the plastic beads remain under the skin permanently.Check with your doctor when deciding which treatment is right for you.
If you want it to be, your skin can first be numbed with a local anesthetic. Then the doctor uses a needle to inject the filler under the skin. A treatment session takes about 15 minutes. Some fillers are done in repeat sessions a couple of weeks apart.
Why is it done?
Filler injections are used to smooth scarred, wrinkled, or furrowed skin on the face. Some filler are also used to add fullness to the lips.
What are the side effects?
For Juvéderm™, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. Side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
How well does it work?
Depending on the area being treated, the filler, and your body’s reaction to the filler, you might have one or more repeat injections.
Different fillers last different lengths of time. Slowly, your body absorbs the filler. This makes the skin go back to its normal state.
• Hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm, Captique). The effect lasts about 9 to 12 months.
• Fat cells harvested from your body (autologous fat). The effect can last for months to years.
• Man-made biodegradable polymer (Sculptra). The effect can last up to 2 years.
• Calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse). The effect lasts about 12 months.
• Microscopic plastic beads and bovine collagen (Artefill). The effect has been shown to last for at least 5 years.
What should I expect after treatment?
After a filler injection, expect some pain, redness, swelling, and possibly itching. Swelling may last up to 36 hours. If symptoms start to get worse 1 to 3 days after the treatment, call your doctor.